Get The Best VPS Hosting Solution:View All VPS
Plans start at
with 7 days FREE trial
Free Packages available to install on your VPS.
InstantAppz allows you to easily add or deploy any of the most popular web applications available through your control panel. No more having to worry about the hassles of configuring the software installs. We take care of it all. Each application can be fully customized by our engineers to fit your business needs.
Ejabberd VPS Hosting
|Type:||XMPP and Web Chat|
Ejabberd is a Jabber/XMPP instant messaging server, written in Erlang/OTP to communicate and collaborate in real-time between two or more people based on typed text. For example, to secure business communication and to improve collaboration efficiency.
Version: Ejabbered 2.1.2-2
Ejabberd Appliance - XMPP and Web Chat
An instant messaging server that combines ejabberd with Speeqe to create a live chat server that supports strong encryption and works with any web browser or dedicated XMPP client (e.g., Pidgin). ejabberd is a powerful XMPP server that supports clustering, live upgrades, shared roster groups and provides support for virtual hosts.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
ejabberd (chat server) configurations:
- Installed from package management.
- Includes custom ejabberd-config script to change domain and set admin password (configured on first boot).
- Enabled in-band user registration (usability, convenience).
- Enabled legacy SSL connection method (still required by some clients).
- Set erlang node: ejabberd@localhost (workaround mnesia hostname changes).
- Binded admin console to port 12322 - uses SSL.
Speeqe (web chat application) configurations:
- Installed from upstream source code to /var/www/django/speeqeweb
- Installed and configured to provide web chat interface.
- Configured ejabberd with anonymous access for speeqe to connect.
- Created ejabberd robot XMPP user for speeqe to list active rooms.
- Includes local JQuery library (internal deployment).
- SSL support out of the box.
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email from speeqe.
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2 and Postfix.
- Includes custom ejabberd-config script to change domain, administrative password and regenerate related secrets.
/usr/local/bin/ejabberd-config XMPP_DOMAIN ADMIN_PASS # ejabberd admin interface user will be: admin@XMPP_DOMAIN
- XMPP DNS records example
_jabber._tcp.example.com. 0 5269 example.com. SRV _xmpp-client._tcp.example.com. 0 5222 example.com. SRV _xmpp-server._tcp.example.com. 0 5269 example.com. SRV
- Example hosts file when testing in demo mode
/etc/hosts : appliance_ip chat.example.com example.com
- Recommended XMPP chat clients:
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH: username root
- Admin interface: username email@example.com
- Regular login: username admin
- robot user is configured with a random password and regenerated as part of secrets regeneration.
Official Resources: www.ejabberd.im
Need any custom functionality for your app or expand an existing functionality? We can do customization for you.
How It Works
- We understand your objectives.
- We'll work closely with you to gather requirements, workflow and feature set.
- We will then start prototyping and development on your customization.
- Then we review the prototype with you, iterate and refine until you are satisfied. Needless to say, we will get it right the first time.
- Once you are satisfied with the final product, we will publish it to go live and do the ongoing maintenance.
In general customization costs as low as $30 an hour. We can give you an estimate of time and cost once we understand your specific needs.
How to Get Started
- Just select the application you want to set up.
- Answer "yes" when asked if you want a custom installation for that application and list customization requirements.
- After completing the sign up process, we’ll contact you and get the details on your customization.
- Then we will start development and prepare your application for launch.