Get The Best VPS Hosting Solution:View All VPS
Plans start at
with 7 days FREE trial
Free Packages available to install on your VPS.
InstantAppz allows you to easily add or deploy any of the most popular web applications available through your control panel. No more having to worry about the hassles of configuring the software installs. We take care of it all. Each application can be fully customized by our engineers to fit your business needs.
Filer Server VPS Hosting
|Type:||Simple Network Attached Storage|
File servers allow networked computers to share files at their discretion. Servers also allow you to save work and have access to it without carrying around a disk. On a personal file server, you can restrict access privileges to guests and registered users.
File Server Appliance - Simple Network Attached Storage
An easy to use file server that combines Windows-compatible network file sharing with an advanced web based file manager and includes support for SMB, SFTP and rsync file transfer protocols. The server is configured to allow server users to manage files in private or public storage. Based on Samba and eXtplorer.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Webmin module for configuring Samba.
- File server (Samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: FILESERVER
- Configured Samba user accounts to synchronize with UNIX user accounts.
- Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Configured shares:
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
- Web based file manager (eXtplorer) configuration:
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- Includes vsftpd binded to localhost to provide net2ftp backend.
- Provide users access to their home directories.
- Workarounds permission issues with eXtplorer.
- Default storage: /srv/storage
- Accessing file server via samba on the command line:
smbclient //220.127.116.11/storage -Uroot mount -t cifs //18.104.22.168/storage /mnt -o username=root,password=PASSWORD
Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, Samba: username root
- Web based file manager (eXtplorer):
- username admin
- username guest
- Local FTP authentication is done using UNIX users
Need any custom functionality for your app or expand an existing functionality? We can do customization for you.
How It Works
- We understand your objectives.
- We'll work closely with you to gather requirements, workflow and feature set.
- We will then start prototyping and development on your customization.
- Then we review the prototype with you, iterate and refine until you are satisfied. Needless to say, we will get it right the first time.
- Once you are satisfied with the final product, we will publish it to go live and do the ongoing maintenance.
In general customization costs as low as $30 an hour. We can give you an estimate of time and cost once we understand your specific needs.
How to Get Started
- Just select the application you want to set up.
- Answer "yes" when asked if you want a custom installation for that application and list customization requirements.
- After completing the sign up process, we’ll contact you and get the details on your customization.
- Then we will start development and prepare your application for launch.