Get The Best VPS Hosting Solution:View All VPS
Plans start at
with 7 days FREE trial
Free Packages available to install on your VPS.
InstantAppz allows you to easily add or deploy any of the most popular web applications available through your control panel. No more having to worry about the hassles of configuring the software installs. We take care of it all. Each application can be fully customized by our engineers to fit your business needs.
MediaWiki VPS Hosting
|Type:||Wikipedia's Wiki Engine|
MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. It is now used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki.
MediaWiki Appliance - Wikipedia's Wiki Engine
MediaWiki is a powerful wiki engine that was originally developed to serve the needs of Wikipedia - the free encyclopedia. Today, MediaWiki is used publicly by many of the largest and most popular wikis online, while privately it is being increasingly deployed inside company Intranets as a knowledge and content management system.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- Installed from package management. See /var/www for links to file paths.
- Ensure clean and compliant HTML ($wgUseTidy)
Out of the box file uploading and image resizing (GD library)
- Maximum filesize: 2MB
- Supported file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg
Bundled MediaWiki extensions (installed to /var/www/extensions)
Enabled by default: to disable unneeded extensions edit /etc/mediawiki/extensions.php
- FCKeditor: WYSIWYG editor for wiki pages.
- ParserFunctions: Enhances parser with logical functions.
- StringFunctions: Additional set of parser functions that operate on strings.
- CategoryTree: Provides a dynamic view of the category structure as a tree.
- Renameuser: Special page allowing authorised users to rename user accounts.
- Preloader: Populate new pages with template content depending on namespace.
- ConfirmEdit: Math captcha.
- Gadgets: JS/CSS-based gadgets.
- SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi: adds <source> tag to present formatted source code.
- Cite: Create footnotes.
- AWC's Forum: Forum integration.
- SSL support out of the box.
- PHPMyAdmin administration frontend for MySQL (listening on port 12322 - uses SSL).
- Postfix MTA (bound to localhost) to allow sending of email (e.g., password recovery, user registration)
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, PHP and MySQL.
- Site logo is located at /var/lib/mediawiki/images/logo.png (recommended size: 135x135px).
Site name and administrative emails (set in /etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php)
$wgSitename = ""; $wgEmergencyContact = webmaster@localhost; $wgPasswordSender = webmaster@localhost;
See the MediaWiki docs for further details.Credentials (passwords set at first boot):
- Webmin, SSH, MySQL, and phpMyAdmin: username root
- MediaWiki: username admin
Official Resources: www.mediawiki.org
Need any custom functionality for your app or expand an existing functionality? We can do customization for you.
How It Works
- We understand your objectives.
- We'll work closely with you to gather requirements, workflow and feature set.
- We will then start prototyping and development on your customization.
- Then we review the prototype with you, iterate and refine until you are satisfied. Needless to say, we will get it right the first time.
- Once you are satisfied with the final product, we will publish it to go live and do the ongoing maintenance.
In general customization costs as low as $30 an hour. We can give you an estimate of time and cost once we understand your specific needs.
How to Get Started
- Just select the application you want to set up.
- Answer "yes" when asked if you want a custom installation for that application and list customization requirements.
- After completing the sign up process, we’ll contact you and get the details on your customization.
- Then we will start development and prepare your application for launch.