Get The Best VPS Hosting Solution:View All VPS
Plans start at
with 7 days FREE trial
Free Packages available to install on your VPS.
InstantAppz allows you to easily add or deploy any of the most popular web applications available through your control panel. No more having to worry about the hassles of configuring the software installs. We take care of it all. Each application can be fully customized by our engineers to fit your business needs.
Ruby on Rails VPS Hosting
|Type:||Web Application Framework|
Ruby on Rails is an open-source web framework that optimized for programmer happiness and sustainable productivity. It lets you write beautiful code by favoring convention over configuration.
Ruby on Rails Appliance - Web Application Framework
Ruby on Rails is an open-source web framework that's optimized for programmer happiness and sustainable productivity. Written in Ruby, Rails lets you write beautiful code by favoring convention over configuration. The result is a web framework that allows you to transition from idea to implementation in a very short period of time.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box
- Webmin modules for configuring Apache2, and MySQL.
- Uses Ruby Enterprise for improved performance and memory utilization
Ruby on Rails configuration
- Deployment via Phusion Passenger for Apache (mod_rails)
- Preconfigured example Rails application located at /var/www/railsapp
- MySQL databases setup for production, development and testing.
RubyGems package manager installed from upstream tarball
- APT and RubyGems are both package management systems and may potentially conflict.
- We recommend using RubyGems for managing Rails components (called gems), and APT for everything else.
- Essential build packages (build-essentials) are included to aid in building gems.
Upgrading RubyGems itself and Rails components (gems):
gem update --system
See the Ruby on Rails docs for further details.Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, SSH, and MySQL: username root
Official Resources: www.rubyonrails.org
Need any custom functionality for your app or expand an existing functionality? We can do customization for you.
How It Works
- We understand your objectives.
- We'll work closely with you to gather requirements, workflow and feature set.
- We will then start prototyping and development on your customization.
- Then we review the prototype with you, iterate and refine until you are satisfied. Needless to say, we will get it right the first time.
- Once you are satisfied with the final product, we will publish it to go live and do the ongoing maintenance.
In general customization costs as low as $30 an hour. We can give you an estimate of time and cost once we understand your specific needs.
How to Get Started
- Just select the application you want to set up.
- Answer "yes" when asked if you want a custom installation for that application and list customization requirements.
- After completing the sign up process, we’ll contact you and get the details on your customization.
- Then we will start development and prepare your application for launch.